Protein LC-MS Centre of Excellence
Transforming your large molecule bioanalysis using LC-MS
Our Protein LC-MS Centre of Excellence has been established around our specialist expertise in the quantitation of large molecules utilising the latest LC-MS technology within a regulated bioanalytical environment.
For over a decade we have been harnessing our LC-MS competency to offer a complimentary technique for the quantitation of proteins and peptides in biological matrices. We have continued to drive the science forward, including production of peer reviewed publications and white papers, delivery of scientific presentations at major international conferences and contribution to cross-industry working groups, demonstrating the depth of our knowledge and scientific competence within the field.
Why use LC-MS for the quantitation of large molecules?
- Rapid development of assays
- Not reliant on development of high quality, assay specific antibody reagents
- Assay format translatable through discovery, preclinical and clinical development
- Mass based detection adds selectivity
- Can resolve immunoassay interference issues
- Ability to distinguish closely related species
- Provides structural information on the fate of the molecule
- Bottom-up monitoring of specific surrogate peptides to inform in vivo stability of the molecule
- Top-down analysis of intact protein using a HRMS platform
- Complementary to immunoassay
- Measurement of total concentration of large molecule without the need for assay specific antibody reagents
- Capable of achieving low pM sensitivity
- Utility of hybrid LBA/LC-MS assays to achieve high levels of sensitivity
- Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) enables numerous large molecules to be quantified within a single analysis
Supporting your Protein LC-MS project at LGC
A major challenge with LC-MS analysis of large molecules is their isolation from similar endogenous components within biological samples. We possess a wealth of experience in various extraction and purification techniques to achieve the required levels of sample cleanliness and sensitivity. Furthermore, we can recommend and develop robust analytical workflows tailored to your individual project, either through bottom-up proteolytic digestion or top-down intact analysis.
Beyond our specialist Protein LC-MS experience, our dedicated LC-MS team offers integrated support from early discovery to late phase clinical trials advising you on the regulations applicable to your project.
Our integrated services include:
- Fast method development for discovery compounds
- Method development and validation for GLP TK studies and GCP clinical trials
- Fast turnaround for Phase I Clinical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic data analysis using validated software systems (e.g. WinNonlin)
- Logistical support for clinical sample management including sample collection kit production production and supply of sampling kits, labels, investigator manual and shipping
- Data management using LIMS or specialist software